About the call
The Africa Hub, Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH) wishes to support not only capacity building for graduate students in health systems research, but also how their research findings could be shared with policy makers and other stakeholders within the study areas. To facilitate this, Africa Hub wishes to support three post-graduate students to disseminate findings from their short studies, within districts where the studies were undertaken. Note that only studies answering health systems research questions will be supported.
The support package
Africa Hub support shall cover;
-cost of travel for applicant to the dissemination center
-costs of dissemination meeting, including refreshments, venue, and related costs [applicant must indicate expected numbers of stakeholders to attend]
Once applicant submits a budget, and it is approved, applicant will be allowed to manage their budget and will later be expected to submit a report, accountability and other form of documentation where necessary.
- A short report detailing your experience of the dissemination shall be required after the dissemination exercise.
- Not more than five pages
- A one-page summary of the report showing significant highlights of the dissemination exercise.
- All applications should be addressed to the Focal Person of the Africa Hub-MakSPH
- A cover/motivation letter showing why you what to disseminate the findings of your study.
- A copy of the short study you would like to disseminate.
- One page summary of the key messages from your short study
- A draft budget of the dissemination meeting.
- A timeline of your dissemination showing when you would like to do the dissemination. The dissemination should be planned not earlier than 1st April and not latter than 15th May 2014.