Dr Richard Ayah MbChb, Msc. Lecturer in health policy, health systems management,
School of Public Health, University of Nairobi.
Fellow, Implementation Science, University of Nairobi. Medical Doctor.
Adjunct Associate Professor School of Public Health, Tropical Medicine and Rehabilitation Science, James Cook University Australia.
Focal Person – Africa Hub.
- Ayah, R. et al., 2013. A population-based survey of prevalence of diabetes and correlates in an urban slum community in Nairobi, Kenya. BMC public health, 13(1), p.371. Available at: http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2458/13/371
- World Health Organization, 2012. Joint National Capacity Assessment on the implementation of effective tobacco control policies in Kenya, Geneva.
- Ayah, R., 2011. Introduction to public health: A textbook for medical students 1st ed., Nairobi: ISBN 9966-05-370-0. Recommended as a textbook by the SPH
- Principal Investigator: improving household decision-making on lifestyle choices for healthier lives
- Co-Investigator: The Maker Movement for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH)
Interests are Health systems specifically clinical governance, particularly of hospitals; health service delivery, quality of care and how Non Communicable diseases are managed.
Educated St. Mary’s School, Nairobi. MBChB University of Nairobi. MSc Health Planning Policy , London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine University of London.
Hobbies: gardening and writing.
Weekly Monday column with Star Newspaper on health issues.